Wednesday, August 12, 2009

1st Day of School AUGUST 2 0 0 9

So, I have dinner on and am doing a little reflecting at the end of the day as I smell spaghetti and meat sauce bubbling. It was a good day....the house didn't get messed up, no shoes all over, no clothes, NO DIRTY dishes in the sink and me cleaning the kitchen 3 times a day, I didn't hear spongebob or icarly screaming out of the TV....in fact I didn't have the TV on all day. Just beautiful solitude! It was glorious and I could actually think! BUT, I did find myself racing against the clock to get my work done before the kids hit the house so I could be mom and hear about their awesome day and which teacher they loved and which teacher well you know ;o) Sorry, but I was a teacher once and I know! But, to really sit down in front of them and LISTEN to everything they had to say because we had spent time apart and I sent them into that big world without me and to see what they had to bring back to share with me. Kind of like Mama bird! LOL! It is nice to have some structure back and to have some time of my own but I do love when those pitter patter feet come running in the door from the bus or the chitter chatter in the car all the way home from my youngest. This is my purpose to be here for them as they go out and come back home daily.....I love teaching them and raising them up so they are strong, courageous, caring, loving to others and then for them to have a place they can't wait to come back too.....yeaaaa I know I have been reflecting today in the solitude... as much as I am excited about the structure and having some time to wear my "woman" hat instead of my "mom" hat it does always remind me as we start another new school year how much my kids have grown up so much over the summer! My sweet daughter who is a junior in high school texted me to let me know she had made it to the "big" school at 8:24 am this morning. She is at the "high school" where only junior and seniors go.....wait a minute wasn't it yesterday I was just taking her to kindergarten it is so clear in my mind, I can see it, feel it, taste it....and yes, you guessed, I cried after I read the text....this cannot be she is out there without me but cares enough to let me know she made it....she was nervous and had no idea where her classes were.....so yea there you have it. That was my day.....bittersweet....just me & the fuzzy dog, solitude and work, work, work! But, I DID love getting to design today without interruptions! I can't wait for you to see what I am working on for Creative Memories as soon as I get the word that I can share I will.....stay tuned! Now back to icarly screaming out of the TV and to eat yummy spaghetti! Awww this is heaven!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you didn't party too hard. LOL

    It is amazing how quickly they grow up isn't it? I have 2 in high school now. *sigh*

    Enjoy your days of solitude. I still have a 2 year old at home so no "parties" for me yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! No didn't know what happened LOL Wow you have 2 in high school....oh man it really does go quickly it just dawned on me this last year with her....well, your 2 year old keeps you "young" and in the know :O)) Thanks for the sweet comment....I hope you have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete